Raise money for charity with a guided hiking tour around the National 3 Peaks in 2022!
Prepare for a physically demanding and fast-paced journey as you try to climb the three highest peaks in Scotland, Wales, and England.
The National 3 Peaks Challenge, regarded as one of Britain’s most challenging outdoor tasks, includes the towering heights of Scafell Pike (978m), Snowdon (1,085m), and Ben Nevis (1,344m).
If you’re wondering where’s the catch, the challenge is to climb all three peaks within 24 hours!
What to expect
- Take on the UK’s three highest mountains
- Take on Ben Nevis as one of the day’s first hikes
- During the night time, set out for Scafell Pike
- Finish your challenge at the top of Snowdon, Wales’ most famous peak
- Try to climb all three peaks within 24 hours!
You will hike around 26 miles over two days and climb to an overall height of just about 3,000m.
This difficult challenge will test your fitness and determination. However, your efforts will be rewarded with breathtaking views and a great sense of accomplishment in the end.
DAY 1 – Friday
- The day begins at 10.00am as the group meets in Warrington, Cheshire.
- After a warm welcome, we head on our way North to Glasgow.
- If anyone would like to join us from Glasgow train station or the airport, we can provide a pick up at around 3.00pm.
- By 3.30pm, we will be arriving at the hotel/B&B in Fort William where we will have a briefing and Q&A session with our guide.
- Once that’s completed, it’ll be time to call it a night in preparation for our adventure tomorrow, which begins at 8.30am.
DAY 2 – Saturday
- On day two, the group will have breakfast before departing for the start point of Ben Nevis at 8.00am.
- We will finalise our preparations before beginning the challenge at 8.30am.
- The group will summit Ben Nevis at around 12.00pm and return along the Wasdale Head route.
- By 3.30pm, we will then transfer to the Lake District, with a mandatory 45-minute maximum driver rest stop, and arrive at Pen y Pass at around 7.30pm.
DAY 2 – Sunday
- On day three, the group will transfer to Pen y pass at 1.00am.
- We will then begin our ascent of Snowdon at 5.30am along the Pyg track.
- At 8.00am, we will summit and descend Snowdon along the Pyg track.
- The challenge will be completed at Pen y pass at 9.30am.
- The group will then transfer to the drop-off point (Chester ot Warrington) at 10.00am.
The total cost of the challenge is £390 per person for 2023 dates. We request that you pay a non-refundable deposit of £50 per person when booking a spot. The balance will then be due 60 days prior to your challenge.
Open Bus Challenge Dates
Our Open Bus National 3 Peaks Challenge events are run throughout the year from May to October. You can join us as a solo traveller, couple or a small group.
Organise a bespoke trip for your group
If you are looking for a bespoke trip for your group please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Essential information and FAQ’s
Visit our National 3 Peaks Trip Page for everything you need to know, including detailed information about what’s included, frequently asked questions, dates, and trip notes.
Feedback from one of our Charity Three Peaks Challenge Treks
“The trip was excellent. There really wasn’t anything that was a miss. Everything was organised with precision. We really cannot fault the trip at all.
Carl the driver was fantastic, he was very helpful, getting all our kit out when needed and putting it all back in the trailer, before and after every walk.
He really was in the know about what we were doing and what we needed. The trailer was also a brilliant idea and gave us more room on the minibus.
Alan the leader was fantastic; knowledgeable, experienced and encouraging.
He explained what was expected from each walk before hand, during the walk he stopped and explained certain parts so we knew what to expect.
He kept everyone safe and together and most of all made sure we had fun.
From the moment booked the trip and then from then on when we landed at Warrington the trip was planned and executed perfectly, we really didn’t have to think about anything other than walking, there really was nothing forgotten about.
I really can’t thank you and your team enough!
Please could you pass on our thanks to Carl and Alan. We didn’t really get chance to thank Carl when we changed drivers in wales as we were all half asleep!
They really did pull out all the stops to make the trip successful, again, without them we could not have done it and we will be forever grateful.
We have raised over £4,000 for our charity which is absolutely fantastic and more than we ever thought!
Thank you once again Simon and all your team. We will definitely recommend you to others and you never know, we may even join another trip in the future!”
Book your charity three peaks challenge
- National Three Peaks – We are running several ‘open challenges’ through the year which means you can join a group as a solo traveller or small group. For private or corporate group trips please contact us.
- Yorkshire 3 Peaks – For more information about the Yorkshire Three Peaks visit our trip page. Bookings on request, please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Bespoke Challenge – Contact us to discuss a bespoke challenge with your own itinerary!